Students of the Brandon School of Dance are expected to dress tidily and appropriately for all dance classes.
New pupils may not wish to buy all the uniform at the start, but after a term should do so. Ballet shoes are a necessity from the beginning.
levels under C – style 40095levels C & D – style SL-02level E – style D488
- Ballet pink tights
- Canvas or leather ballet shoes
- Hair to be swept back in a tidy bun.
- White tight fitting shirt or leotard
- Black or grey tights
- White or Black canvas ballet shoes
Tots on Tippy Toes (female/male)
- Ballet Pink Tights/Black sweat type pants
- pink/black Ballet Slippers
- Black Body suit/white t-shirt
- tank style bodysuit with shorts overtop
- Runners for cardio, bare feet for other
- tights are optional but need to be footless
- Heeled flamenco or character shoes
- Girls – Black Flamenco skirt – Bal Tog s (Style BT 9100)
- Boys – Black pants
Jazz / Lyrical / Tap
- Leotards and jazz pants or shorts are suitable. Hair tied back in a ponytail or a bun.
- Jazz – Jazz slippers
- Lyrical – bare feet or toe socks
- Tap – 4-9 year olds – “junior style” black tap shoes
- 10 and older – cuban-heeled black tap shoes
- Loose fitting or comfortable clothing to move in
- non-scuffing sneakers or other suitable footwear
Low-heeled, leather-soled shoes are best, but anything you are comfortable walking in will work. Casual, comfortable clothes will do.
Please note: All required dance apparel is available at Pirouette Dance and Active Wear located at 121 – 10th Street, Brandon. Gently used attire is also available for purchase at the studio.