Students of the Brandon School of Dance are expected to dress tidily and appropriately for all dance classes.
New pupils may not wish to buy all the uniform at the start, but after a term should do so. Ballet shoes are a necessity from the beginning.
levels under C – style 40095levels C & D – style SL-02level E – style D488
- Ballet pink tights
- Canvas or leather ballet shoes
- Hair to be swept back in a tidy bun.
- White tight fitting shirt or leotard
- Black or grey tights
- White or Black canvas ballet shoes
Tots on Tippy Toes (female/male)
- Ballet Pink Tights/Black sweat type pants
- pink/black Ballet Slippers
- Pink Body suit/white t-shirt
- tank style bodysuit with shorts overtop
- Runners for cardio, bare feet for other
- tights are optional but need to be footless
- Heeled flamenco or character shoes
- Girls – Black Flamenco skirt – Bal Tog s (Style BT 9100)
- Boys – Black pants
Jazz / Lyrical
- Leotards, black or beige tights and black jazz shorts
- Hair tied back in a neat bun
- Jazz – Black jazz shoes
- Lyrical – bare feet or lyrical shoes
- Black shirt or leotard
- Black stretch-fit yoga pants or shorts
- Black jazz shoes
- Black body suit, preferably tank style
- Mondor brand beige-coloured, footed tights
- Short black dance shorts or capri length yoga pants may be worn over the body suit
- Hair in a ponytail or bun, bangs pinned away from face
- Tap levels 1-4: Black Mary Jane style tap shoes, preferably Capezio brand (*Students in these levels who may already own Oxford style shoes can continue to wear them until they are ready for a new pair of shoes.)
- Tap levels 5+: Black Oxford style tap shoes, preferably Capezio brand
- Tight fitting white T-shirt
- Black Oxford style tap shoes, preferably Capezio brand
- Black pants, tights or shorts
- Loose fitting or comfortable clothing to move in
- non-scuffing sneakers or other suitable footwear
Low-heeled, leather-soled shoes are best, but anything you are comfortable walking in will work. Casual, comfortable clothes will do.
Please note: All required dance apparel is available at Pirouette Dance and Active Wear located at 121 – 10th Street, Brandon. Gently used attire is also available for purchase at the studio.